Saturday, March 27, 2010

Seen God Today?

I was doing a Bible study on the Road to Emmaus in Luke using Prof. Hendricks book "Living by the Book". It was very enlightening and made me want to take something about Emmaus for the Tuesday night study at the prison, something other than the basic Easter message. As I was searching the web I came across a sermon by Rev. Keenan Kelsey and he related the following story. "Some of you have heard me tell the story of the young lad who decided to go look for God. He packed a lunch and got as far as the park before he got hungry. He sat on a bench next to an old woman. They sat together for an hour. He offered her a Twinkie. She offered him a huge smile. When the boy got home he announced to his mother, I met God today, and she has the most wonderful smile! When the elderly lady got home, she said to her son, I met God today, and he is much younger than I’d imagine!" This brought to mind our lifegroup and how our desire is to meet God in others and have them see God in us.

3 comments:

  1. I would say Rev. Kelsey nailed it 100%. Thanks, Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Always looking for God in the unexpected and letting Him show Himself through ordinary people like us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Rich! We need to continually see our extrordinary God in the ordinary...where He wants to be found. I got a kiss from Him last night and didn't realize it until this morning. Thank You, Father!

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?