Sunday, August 28, 2011
-from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
I just finished this fiction book that has fiercely reminded me of crucially important truths: we live each moment in a spiritual battle, the tongue holds the power of life and death, the importance of praying without ceasing and never forgetting that "the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."
Saturday, August 20, 2011
- Seeing toothless Terry and his wheelchair, and hearing he will soon be receiving his prostetic half-leg
- Seeing Lorie back with us
- Seeing some of the ones with new homes looking refreshed
- Finding out that Roy was in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Lord, please restore and heal him, and bring him back to us.
- MIA's - Jason, Donnie, all from Raymond's camp, Battle, Evelyn, Carl
Sunday, August 14, 2011
I found out this week my primary personality trigger is Passion. I was happy to find this out. Passionate expression is when I am most successful in getting my message across. I want to further His message? I know He doesn’t need assistance. He would prefer I do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with Him. When I do that with passion, His kingdom comes to the neighborhood. When Christ comes to the neighborhood things change. He wired me this way for a purpose. I must allow Him to shine His light upon me daily, that I might reflect it upon this broken neighborhood He has me in.