Sunday, March 7, 2010

Choices

I was asked by one of the inmates how I could walk in the world but not be caught up in the world. My quick response was that I choose not to get caught up. The more I thought about it and tried to expound on it to him my answer was still, I choose not to. We serve a mighty God who is in full control of all things but He still allows us to make choices. I told him, and the others who were listening more intently now, that I had to keep my focus on the right things and resist the devil when he came at me with the wrong things. I told them I am by no means perfect and it’s an ongoing battle to keep Satan from trying to steal some of my worship that God desires all of. But by the power that is in me I can and do make right choices although sometimes not as quickly as I’d like to so there is still a constant battle between my flesh and the Spirit. I shared with them that I had been working on adjusting my attitude about God over the past year and it has made the greatest difference in my life and reduced the daily battles. Instead of feeling that I needed to start my day with praise and prayer and fellowship with my heavenly Father, I now anticipate and desire to start my day with Him. He’s my last thought at night and He’s my first thought in the morning. I open my eyes realizing how greatly blessed I am and how special it is to sit alone with the Creator of the universe! With that mindset there is no temptation that I can’t resist and no day that I can’t make it through. I can walk firm in my faith knowing that, “Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me”. (Gal 2:20 the message).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relational Tithe

Weird ?