Thursday, March 18, 2010

Consider

God's word gives us a lot to consider.

con·sid·er

1. To think carefully about..
2. To form an opinion about; judge.
3. To take into account; bear in mind.
4. To show consideration for.
5. To esteem; regard.
6. To look at thoughtfully.

for this reason I did not even consider myself worthy to come to You, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!

"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.

Again a voice came to him a second time, " What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy."

"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

The next day we put in at Sidon; and Julius treated Paul with consideration and allowed him to go to his friends and receive care.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

For I consider myself not in the least inferior to the most eminent apostles.

Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

1 comment:

  1. More to consider:

    Luke 8:18 NIV
    Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."

    Acts 26:8 NIV
    Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead?

    Romans 11:18 NIV
    do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

    Romans 11:22 NIV
    Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

    Galatians 3:6 NIV
    Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."

    Philippians 2:3 NIV
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

    Philippians 2:6 NIV
    Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

    Philippians 3:7 NIV
    But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.

    Philippians 3:8 NIV
    What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

    Philippians 3:13 NIV
    Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

    2 Thessalonians 3:15 CEV
    Don't consider them your enemies, but speak kindly to them as you would to any other follower.

    1 Timothy 6:1 NIV
    All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered.

    2 Timothy 2:7 New KJV
    Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.

    Philemon 1:17 CEV
    If you consider me a friend because of Christ, then welcome Onesimus as you would welcome me.

    Hebrews 3:1 NKJV
    [ The Son Was Faithful ] Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus

    Hebrews 10:24 NASB
    and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds

    Hebrews 12:3 NASB
    For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

    Hebrews 13:7 NIV
    Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

    James 1:2 MSG
    Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

    James 3:5 NIV
    Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.

    James 5:11 NIV
    As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

    1 Peter 5:12 CEV
    [ Final Greetings ] Silvanus helped me write this short letter, and I consider him a faithful follower of the Lord. I wanted to encourage you and tell you how kind God really is, so that you will keep on having faith in him.

    2 Peter 1:13 NASB
    I consider it right, as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder

    2 Peter 3:15 NKJV
    and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?