Saturday, March 6, 2010

Catfish

I met him this past Friday as I was starting out on my day of sales calls. I pulled in to McDonalds for a cup of coffee and some breakfast for the road. I saw him sitting at the edge of the parking lot with his three dogs. (Don't ask me how I knew he was homeless.) Immediately I knew I was supposed to get coffee and breakfast for him also. I did, then I pulled around the building and parked my car nearby. I got out and offered him coffee and breakfast. We struck up a conversation that went on for the next 20 minutes. We had an enjoyable visit. I found out he was from Florida originally, and that he has two sons that still live there. I asked him how he ended up in Shreveport, of all places. He told me he had taken a cross-country bicycle ride from Florida to California. He stopped here on the way back, and after getting some things stolen, he has been here ever since. He told me he lives in the woods behind the Racetrac gas station on Bert Kouns, across the street from where I met him. As I walked back to my car, someone was calling his name from the Racetrac parking lot. He told me he picks up a little work there occasionally. I sure hope I get to see him again. I'm thinking about him tonight. Thank you, Lord for those special times. Oh, yeah, his name is Catfish.

"He'll show us how He works so we can live the way we're made." - Isaiah 2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being obedient to the Spirit and starting a new relationship! I want to meet Catfish too!

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?