Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The God Jog

I believe everyone should have a God Jog. So what's a God Jog? It is an intentional appointment with a friend to spend time with one another, sharpen one another, laugh with one another, cry with one another, share our stories with one another, encourage one another, challenge one another, exhort one another, etc.

Mine started out as getting prepared (training, if you will) for a Half-Marathon last year. Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday or Sunday we get together an run and dialog. These have become sacred times for me, and I look forward to them. There may be exciting things I want to share in my life, or I may need to vent because I've had a crappy day. Either way, it is good times. I also get the grace of being there for my friend. Maybe he's had an exciting day. Maybe he's had a crappy day, and need to blow off some steam. That's when I get to operate the grace of listening, and of coming along side a brother; a fellow sojourner in this story.

Running is not everybody's thing. I understand that. But I would encourage all of you to find someone to come along side of on a regular interval to journey through this life with. If you are open and honest with one another, if you allow the Spirit to guide you, this will become a sacred time for you also. I don't care if you run, walk, fly, or skip. Do something, and Happy God Jogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relational Tithe

Weird ?