Monday, January 17, 2011

Passion ~ Part 2

As a believer I became convicted that my "truth" was not always spoken with love. (How could I do this as someone who is salt and not red pepper flakes?) I also asked myself why was I so passionate about this? I thought about my longtime passion for the unborn and drew another parallel under the heading "those who have no voice". The Lord brought to mind the words...your passion comes from that place you've been hurt the most...With a flash I was gently reminded how as a child the adults in my life had a "children should be seen and not heard" philosophy. Taking it to the extreme all that mattered was that I did what I was told when I was told to do it no matter how wrong it was. No matter how sick I was. My Loving Heavenly Father had saved all my tears and they washed over me anew as I realized where my passion stems from. So this new understanding reminds me how we all have wounds that God is in the business of healing but meanwhile "We can be so sure that every detail of our lives of love for God is worked into something good" Romans 8:28 It's ok to be passionate for "the least of these" but as I am, may I never forget the ways of "the Lord of these" and love as He loves. Examine your passion...live your passion...love your passion. Just thinking outloud....

1 comment:

  1. Sure is great when our heartfelt passion is in perfect sync with Father's!
    Great post! Thanks for sharing your heart with us and making the journey towards deeper relationship even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?