Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Penny Looker

I have a friend who looks very carefully at both sides of an issue.  On one side you have "heads" with all the knowledge and organized information that will carry you to a logical conclusion in a situation.  On the other side you have "tails" with great feeling and emotion in unorganized and often unorthodox fashion arriving at another conclusion.  Which side is correct?  How do you know?  Is it important?  What difference will it make?  After looking at both sides of "the coin", my friend can see all the details that define each but understands something I often miss; the value of the coin is in the material it's made of and does not change no matter what side is showing!
I need to focus more on what the value of the coin can do than calling "heads" or "tails"!

1 comment:

  1. I tend to be the one to run my big fat mouth first, then think about what I said later. It's kind of like a train wreck, really. A lot of noise in the beginning, followed by a huge mess to clean up. Oh, well, that's the way I am wired. Maybe I should try to engage my brain prior to opening the pie hole. All that aside, I agree with your perception and observation of Penny. She's special ...

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?