Monday, August 30, 2010

Listening

Wait, did you hear that?  What?  I think I heard it again.  Could you repeat that?
I wasn't listening to you.

How often does this ring true for you?  I know it's all too familiar for me.  What causes my inattention is often focusing on what's going on with me and the world I think I control.  This prevents me from really hearing what's being said on the surface, and way down deep in the soul.  I need to listen with my ears and with my heart!  So often I hear the information and then begin to process that in my logical and often prejudiced mindset; so I can dispense the appropriate response.  I feel the need to "fix it" and give the steps necessary to clear the path to freedom (it worked for me before).  I'll say what I think needs to be said instead of hearing what was said and be silent!  When something is shared from the heart, I must put aside the urge to do my thing, and really connect heart-to-heart with my friend.  As I hear their heart, I'll know how to respond through the Father's love.  I'm learning how to listening now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relational Tithe

Weird ?