Monday, May 3, 2010

What Difference Do It Make?

I keep considering something Lorie shared with me on Sunday morning. She is thinking about asking some members of the group to step out and spend a weekend with the gang under the bridge. I guess I just have questions about it. I'm not opposed to it, but I need to know why we are doing this. What is our motive in this adventure? What are we wanting to accomplish? What difference do it make? I ask these questions (and others) because I am not sure what my own motives would be. I would want to know I am going with a clear conscience, and a certain agenda (agendas bother me). I'm not sure I can do that at this point in my own personal journey. I know this sounds like the ramblings of a crazy man, but Hello!, it's me. Am I the only one struggling with this? Anyone else out there? I don't know what I am uncomfortable with. I do know I would not want to have any attention drawn to me if I do this. That is something which really bothers me (a lot). So, someone speak to me. Let's dialog about this. We are community after all. Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Please share!

- Struggling in the Spirit

"What's this? Fools out shopping for wisdom! They wouldn't recognize it if they saw it." - Proverbs 17:16 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. Jim, you're not the only one with questions. If it were to experience what goes on there outside our normal visits, I think the glimpse would be skewed (everyone on their best behavior). If to get an idea of homelessness, that would be near crazy (we get to walk/drive away to our comfortable home any time we desire). Now, if we sold everything, gave to those in need and went to live in community...then there might be great value...but that's not where this is going; or is it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mister, I want to see you in the Principle's office right now. We will have none of that radical stuff around here. What are you thinking anyway? That would be crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Relational Tithe

Weird ?