Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bones on Wheels

Yesterday, as we talked to the "guys under the bridge" we found out that Wheels' (see previous blog) actual street name is "Bones". His name was confirmed again later as we were talking w/ Evelyn. I asked her if she knew the guy in the wheelchair, who was a dumpster diver, that we called Richard. She told us she didn't know Richard, that his name was Bones, and that he had been on the streets a long time. She knew him to be a very nice man.

I will probably still call him Wheels, but not to his face. I'm glad I know his street name now. Somehow, it just makes a difference to me.

I wonder how he got the name Bones. It's kind of a creepy name. On the bright side, maybe he is a great dominos player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relational Tithe

Weird ?