Sunday, October 24, 2010

An Extra in God's Story

"I want to be so excited to be an extra in God's story that I will tell anyone about it at any time (without the staring of course). I want to beam with joy at the small part I play, never tiring of seeing how the story will play out and not harboring secret ambitions for a bigger part.

Being this type of extra requires that I drown my visions of personal glory in a sea of humility. I need to recognize that my place is not to write my own part in God's story. The mind-set of an extra, to go where the director says to go and do what the director says to do, will help me weaken my tendency to judge others. After all, the playing field is level for all the extras, so one extra has no reason to feel more important than the rest."

- Crave, Chris Tomlinson

I want to walk out this story in much the same way, giving all glory to the One who deserves it all, and always being willing to share my story without shame. I'm just grateful He allows me to be here. I want to bring Him honor. I want to be pleasing to my Lord. He welcomes us all to join Him in His story; the story about Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relational Tithe

Weird ?